Jun 13, 2019
In honor of Suze Orman celebrating her birthday, Brian talks
about some of her opinions regarding variable annuities.
Full show notes here: https://financialplanningva.com/the-perceived-value-of-variable-annuities/
0:15 How long should your money last?
- Successful financial guru, Suze Orman, has always been a big
proponent of financial planning.
- She says you could get hit by a car or have a random injury -
and she’s right.
- You should plan until you’re 90 or 100, you just don’t know
what will happen.
3:28 Variable annuities
- Suze Orman was a financial advisor in the past, and she also
video explaining variable annuities.
- Brian shares a client example of someone who was stuck with a
- If anybody is trying to sell you a variable annuity, you need
to find another advisor (even if they are nice).
- There are a lot of things you can invest in, whereas the
variable annuities have five SEC cautions.
- Find out the fees of your current investments.
- Dave Ramsey has also blasted variable annuities.
- Stitcher -
Brian Bowen - Contact